Let it snow! Come take part in this popular annual event.
Winter Jam NYC will feature a 70-foot long Snow Flume for sledding, a professional snowboarding competition on a 90-foot tall Snowscraper structure, a winter snowfield with snowshoeing and cross-country skiing*, a snow sculpture contest*, a Warming Hut with free samples from NY State farmers and producers, performances from the high flying Skyriders, live music from artists such as Apollo Run and Dujeous, and plenty of fun activities for all ages! Winter Jam ’09 is FREE, and all winter sports equipment will be provided, including tubes for sledding, snow shoes, and cross-country skis.
* The Future of Snowboarding Invitational
* Sledding on a 70-foot long Snow Flume (line closes at 3:30 p.m.)
* A snow sculpture contest*
(Register in advance to guarantee a spot in the contest).
* Ice climbing wall
* Cross-country skiing and snowshoeing*
* High flying trampoline entertainment from The Skyriders
* Pride of NY Warming Hut & Winter Market
* Live music from Apollo Run, Dujeous, and more!
* F, V to 2nd Avenue – Lower East Side, walk East on Houston, and cross pedestrian bridge into East River Park.
* F, J, M, Z to Essex Street – Delancey Street, walk North on Essex, walk East on Houston, and cross pedestrian bridge into East River Park.